On Friday I went to Santiago to visit Suzy. I saw PJ a few hours before he left for the airport, then met up with her for dinner. We went out to a really cool club, Bar 89, that had a chill outer room with seats and tables and couches, and a gigantic dance floor (probably 200 feet long). We danced and chatted until the place closed, then hung out until I went back to my hostel at 830 A.M. I had an awesome realization while we were in the club. We were tired, so we were sitting off to the side on the couch and talking. For about 15-20 minutes, because I didn’t run into any language problems (stuff I didn’t know how to say or got confused about), I completely forget we were speaking in Spanish; it was just coming naturally to me without me thinking about it. That shows how far my spanish has come since I got here.
On Saturday they kicked me out of the hostel at 11 (2.5 hrs of sleep for those of you paying attention), so I grabbed breakfast at Dunkin’ Donuts (its my Santiago tradition now), then headed off to the airport. We had a great dinner in town, and then headed out to Geo, a club with some beautiful mendocinas.
We wandered around town on Sunday, and ate delicious pizza with ham and brown sugar for lunch (sounds weird but it was delicious).
Plaza Independencia en el centro

On Monday we went on a bike tour of the vineyards outside of Mendoza. The wine was fantastic, and we made it back to the rental place after 4 wine tastings.
PICS


The first bodega

Wine tasting at the third (one of these actually tasted like you were eating a really sweet wooden barrel...i couldnt figure out if i liked it or not)


That night we went out to a fantastic dinner at a restaurant my friend recommended called Decimo's. It was on the 10th floor of a building in the middle of Mendoza, and it had a fantastic view of the city. It looked very fancy, but the prices were pretty cheap (equal to Argentinean standards), and of course they had a huge TV showing the Argentina national soccer team.
The view outside

Inside

My appetizer

My main course

I think this was our most expensive meal in Argentina, and it cost us about $15 dollars each!
No comments:
Post a Comment