Tuesday, July 17, 2007

CARRETEEEEEEEEEEEE

On Wednesday July 4th, I got back to Santiago from Mendoza, and I met Suzy for lunch at Havanna (delicious/cheap paninis!), then went to the office of the Alto Mantagua resort, where I was going to try to convince them to let me use it for the next weekend. I had pretty much no hope for getting it when I wanted it, but I worked my magic in the office, joking around with the manager in Spanish and eventually convinced her to let me use it when I wanted to, from June 6-9.

That night we had a big 4th of July party at Dan’s apartment, then went down to Journal (which was packed with mostly guys, but I ran into a few friends there so it was fun).

On Thursday I was going to stay in and hang out because I was tired, but my friend Andrea (la Colombiana) called and said she and a few friends were going out to Scratch for a big party, so I rallied and met them at the club.

A few weeks ago I took her out to dinner at a really fancy revolving restaurant on the 22nd floor of a building in Valparaiso overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We spent three hours there talking and getting along really well, then ended up going out dancing and meeting up with Dan (for his birthday carrete) at Duff. It was a lot of fun but I didn’t hang out with her much after that until this Thursday. Here are some pictures from that night:

Andrea and Me

Big group of extranjeros (Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, and me)


It cost a lot more than usual to get into the club, and I ended up only having 10 pesos (= 2 cents) left in my pocket when the club closed at 5 AM. I need at least 700 pesos to get home from anywhere if it’s after 11 PM. I was about to have to borrow money from Andrea (something I felt more than a little uncomfortable doing), when I got very lucky because I ran into Bruno, the Chilean guy who lives with me, and his brother, who had a car. So we dropped 2 of those girls off at home, and then went back to our house in Recreo.

No comments: