Monday, July 23, 2007

Final two weeks in Chile, Part 2

On Monday I said goodbye to Andrea and Kata
me and andrea

the sky that night after i saw Kata


On Tuesday I went to wander the streets of Valpo for the last time. I went up to Cerro Polanco to see it, since I had never been there, but it was one of the sketchiest places I went to in Valparaiso. Everyone was watching me, even though I had my blond hair covered by my hat, and I was glad when I left. I then went to the Plaza O’Higgins to play chess, where I was not so kindly put in my place in the chess world by the chess master of Valparaiso.

Here’s a cool picture I took of the sun setting in the middle of the Congreso

Pablo Neruda once said that the night sky fell on Valparaiso, and this is what he meant:

On Wednesday I went to the Museo Fonck with Elisa then bought some souvenirs, then we headed out on the town for another (my last!) ridiculous night with Juan Carlos.

On Thursday I got empanadas with Tim, then met Suzy for a bit on my halfway stop in Santiago before heading off to the airport for my long flight home.

As it is with all other good things, the Great South American Adventure must come to an end. I haven’t even left yet and I’m already getting nostalgic. I will update with a summary post of my trip in a little bit.


Goodbye, my 6 month chilean home

No comments: