Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Last 2 weeks in South America Part 1

Quick summary of my final 10 days in chile:

Tuesday July 10th I had my final final exam! I went to eat empanadas with Andrea, then went to see Ocean’s 13 with Evan, after learning I got the second highest grade on the oral exam (when I was the only non-native speaker taking it). That night I hung out with my chilean cousin Pato, drinking piscolas and watching Uruguay vs. Brazil in Copa America. Later I went to OH with Pato, met Evan, Samantha and Marco (her pololo) there, then went to Journal, where we met two groups of Chilean girls. The first ones left after a bit, then we met the others – I was talking and dancing to a very attractive 19 year old girl from Santiago who had a cast on her wrist. I don't really know why this detail is important, but it is.


On Wednesday we went back to Journal and I ran into those same Chilean guys from Dan’s apartment, and met all their friends, including some minas.

On Thursday Evan and I went back to Scratch, which was packed with people despite the fact it was pouring outside, and we ran into the girls we had met the previous two nights, pero la magia del gringo ya se habia acabado.

On Friday I went to a vineyard with my dad.


Later that day I went to Santiago to visit Suzy for the last time. We went back out to that same club where we had met, and I left on Saturday afternoon to go home. On Saturday I grabbed a final beer with Evan at Journal before he left at 5 am.

Sunday July 15 was my bday. I went to the Fish Market in Valparaiso with my dad and bought a 5 kilo salmon for about 15 dollars, which my mom cooked in the oven with a bunch of other stuff (that fish lasted us 4 meals (over 2 days) for 5 people!).

My portion



That night we had a special bday ONCE. The 2 year old daughter of my chilean brother came over too, and I had a lot of fun playing with her.

Pics with Bernardita






Wearing my hat!

No comments: