Thursday, July 5, 2007

SPORTS

This country is very out of touch with U.S. sports.

We tried to go to a sports bar to watch game 5 of the Cavs Pistons game (the one that went to 2 OTs and Lebron finally lived up to his hype) but they weren’t showing it so I went home and called my friend who gave me a play-by-play for an hour and a half (thank you skype!!).

Then they didn't even show the NBA Finals - it was only on nba.com, which doesn't really work when your internet connection is as FLAITE as mine.

This reminds me of the time early in the semester when I was trying to watch the National Championship game of March Madness, and I was talking to my chilean dad about it, and he asked me if I was home, would I be playing in the tournament. I laughed for a while about that one. Also, my first somewhat girlfriend here asked me if I would be playing in the NBA finals at home. Of course I told her yes.

p.s. if you thought the Kenyon lords was a fearsome team name, take a look at my new team here - The PUCV Caballos del Mar (yes, you read that right, we are the Seahorses)

No comments: