On Thursday April 19, I went to Santiago for the night with my friend Elisa to go to a concert, but we ended up not getting tickets, so instead we went out to dinner, then later to a cool reggae club. Also, we found a very cool hostel for only 5 luca (about ten dollars) a night. We went to the church on the Plaza de Armas and later to the museum of pre-colombian history nearby. I came back to Vina in the afternoon. It's fun to catch a bus into Santiago for a little bit, but I'm glad I'm not living there for a semester.
That night, Friday. I went to Scratch (disco in Vina I talked about before) with some friends and met a very cool, but more importantly, very cute Chilean girl. We exchanged numbers so I'll probably see her again.
On Sunday, April 22, 2007 I woke up in a way that I have never woken up before. My bed was shaking. My whole room was shaking. My TV was shaking. I had no idea what was going on for the first few seconds – I thought the house was falling down – and then I realized, “Oh, so this is what an earthquake feels like." I would have preferred it to be later in the day, not at 6:30 AM, but at least I didn't party the night before so I got enough sleep before that.
No comments:
Post a Comment