SATURDAY
Saturday we woke up late and went to the artesania feria in Recoleta, but I only bought a few little things. Afterwards we headed over to Tierra Santa, a hilarious Jesus theme park which I first heard about from PJ’s friend in NYC when we went to a taping of a Conan episode.
Even if I was even remotely religious, I don’t think I could have taken this place seriously. Nevertheless, there were many people there that were lapping up every word on every sign and show. Personally, I thought the mechanized Jesus in “La Ultima Cena” was a bit much. The tour ended in the only way it could, with a 100 foot high Jesus rising out of the ground for his resurrection.
Pic from one of the entrances

Some sort of ancient torture/dentistry

Self-Explanatory

They had those frames you can step into and put your face in - this is Dan doing that

Este nos dio mucha risa!

Being the mature adults we are, we took this theme park very seriously

Finally, the resurrection of the 100-foot Jesus that happens every half hour

Later, I bought the jacket I looked at the other day. That night we went back to Campo del Fiori, but it was much busier, and we got stuck in the corner. In spite of this, I still had one of the best meals I’ve had here (maybe ever?) – Steak, pasta, wine from
Me (rocking my new hat) and Dan
I went to bed at 1 (not long after our fabulous dinner) and got up at 3:30!! to get my early flight, and 8 hours later, I was finally back in ViƱa.

3 comments:
I'm gonna comment because you really want a comment. These pics are awesome, and I'm jealous of the steak. I hate you for getting to visit south america.
-Vivek
Please post the pictures of the theme park. I can't even imagine what it looks like.
no updates?
Post a Comment