Wednesday, April 25, 2007

UNA BODA CHILENA

I haven’t updated for a while, since life here is becoming more of a routine (going to class during the week, going out on the weekends) – but far from boring, believe me – so I’m going to stop writing so much about that, and more about my big trips/events as they come up.

On March 31st, (the weekend after I went to the dunes and made the cookies and went to the casino), I experienced my first Chilean (and Latin American) wedding…or at least halfway. The bride was Chilean, but the groom was American. He stayed in the same house I’m staying in when he studied here in 2002, and now he’s back, marrying a Chilean girl that he met when she studied abroad in the States in his University (UNC). They actually got married 2 years ago in the States, and this was the wedding for the Chilean side of the family.


the bride walking down the aisle


my chilean parents at the wedding


bride and groom amidst the bubbles, coming out of the chapel


the family and me at the reception/dinner


cutting the cake



The service was actually held in the chapel in my university - the same central building where I take half of my classes, so that was cool, and the reception was held in the Estadio Italiano, which is right near my house in Recreo in Vina del Mar.

Quick side note - I can't believe it's almost May, and that people are already getting out of classes at home. I feel like I just started classes (it wasn't that long ago).

No comments: