Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A quick tour of Valpo with PJ's padres

In the beginning of April, the parents of my friend PJ (the one who had the birthday in Santiago) came here and I took them on a tour around Valpo, first to my school, La Catolica, then to one of Pablo Neruda’s houses, la Sebastiana.


A very colorful street in Valpo - on the way to Neruda's house


This dog was having tea and leaning over the railing, watching us climb the hills of Valpo


View from Neruda's house La Sebastiana


Outside of Neruda's House



Then I took them to a cool café that I found with my friend Samantha called Café con Letras.

Inside the Cafe con Letras


Outside, my friend's dad shares tea with Neruda


A cool painting in Valpo


the famous ascensor 21 de Mayo


Later, they came to my house and had “once” (Chilean evening tea-time) with my homestay parents, which was very fun because I got to hear my chilean dad speaking english (he sounded like me in spanish!). Actually he's a lot better at english than I thought he was. After that we went out to eat steak at a restaurant in Vina where there was a poster/drawing of Greenwich, CT (weird!).

After dinner I left PJ's parents and met my friend Evan in another part of Vina for a little (okay maybe more than a little) partying before we went to Valpo. We then met a big group of friends and tried to get into Huevo, a club in Valpo, but the line was ridiculous so we went to two different clubs and had an excellent time.


Next post - HEAD NORTH YOUNG MAN

No comments: